Monday, November 10, 2008

Mexican Jumping Bean? and more observations

Yes they are real. Today I read the blog post by Mark Frauenfelder of boingboing on Mexican jumping beans. I have heard of these before, but never knew exactly what made them jump. In the blog post, Mark mentions that he discovered Mexican jumping beans when he was at Burbank airport.

He didn't mention what made them jump, but when I read the comments a member of the blog posted that it was the larva of a Spanish fly. I liked how the communication of the blog helped me discover this. I explored more of the blog today and noticed that they had two other sub blogs called Boing Boing Gadgets and Boing Boing TV. The bbgadgets sub blog featured posts on unique creations they have found. The bbtv featured videos of episodes that they made for the viewers of their blog. This shows that they cover many different audiences within their blog.

No comments: