Sunday, November 9, 2008

Boing Boing First Look

For my fourth class essay the task is to observe and participate within a blog community. The blog I chose for this task is Boing Boing. I found this blog using the Technorati blog finder, which made it easy for me to find a blog that interested me. BoingBoing is a blog that displays a wide range of topics. For example, I read a blog on the most recent episode of 60 minutes pertaining to the E-waste issue and another talking about the current economic crisis we are in. The blog is ran and edited by five people, which are Mark, Cory, David, Xeni, and John. They are the owners of the blog and are the only ones who may post on this blog. They do offer interaction within their blog through comments, which can be made by any user who signs up for this blog.

After going through the relatively easy and quick process of signing up for the blog, I decided to comment on the blog about E-Waste. I was particularily interested in this post because I watched the episode of 60 minutes tonight. The blog post by Xeni summed up the E-Waste situation and provided a video clip of the 60 Minutes segment.

No comments: