Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Features of Boing Boing

Today I continued to observe and partake in the Boing Boing community. I followed up on my posts from the other day and was unsuccessful on generating any discussion on places to dispose my old computer. On the other hand, the post about the explosion of a man's house in England had some great discussion in the comments. One user, identified as Simon, gave a short and descriptive background Hemel Hempstead, which is he town in where the explosion occurred. He also stated that it was the largest explosion in Europe since World War 2.

One thing I noticed today that I should have looked at the first day was the suggest a link on the front page of BB. This gives the user a set of guidelines if they would like to suggest a link to one of the blog owners. I also noticed that they already have a new blog author since I started observing this blog last week. The name of this author is Joel. BB also has an archive of all of its old content, which dates back to January 2000. I went back to view a couple of the first archived time periods and noticed there was barely any content on their blog at that time. No video or pictures were present, as this is not the case now. I noticed BB also contains some advertising on the right hand side of the page. It's only a small amount of sites and it isn't really distracting at all.

No comments: